Deacon of the Week ending August 3, 2014
assisted by Ernest Bieber
Deacons of First Baptist Lafayette
Joseph Garbarino, Sr.
Lucius Hornsby, III
R. Edward Junk
Bobby W. Philips
J. E. Richardson
Hartie Spence, Jr.
Howard Wilson, Jr.
Qualifications of Deacons
1. Deacons shall meet the qualifications set out in Acts 6:3 and I Timothy 3:8-13.
2. Since this church firmly believes that tithing is God's way of financing the church program, every deacon shall be a tither, as a minimum.
3. Since this church believes in total abstinence, it shall be the policy of the deacons never to engage in use, manufacture, sale or serving of any alcoholic beverage.
4. Every deacon shall be the husband of one wife. (He shall not be divorced.)
5. Every deacon shall be faithful to the five regular services of the church, i.e. Sunday School, morning worship, Discipleship Training, evening worship, and Wednesday evening prayer service, unless providentially hindered.
6. Every deacon shall accept the responsibilities of the deaconship: serving the Lord's Supper, receiving the collection, and assuming his share of the Deacon Ministry Plan. He shall cooperate with his fellow deacons and pastor. He shall attend all deacons' meetings unless providentially hindered and shall support the entire program of the church.